Sunday, July 28, 2013

News: Deus Novus episode 3 in the works, music, and my response to a certain complaint

Hey.

So first up, status on episode 3. I'll be honest, it's been slow. I'm still waiting on lines (when am I not), and I also decided to go back and start over on production. The reason for this is that looking through what I had, it was looking a lot like episode 2, which I really don't want, since that one wasn't very good. Re filming isn't all that difficult, since I don't film over Xbox live. Honestly, it's beyond me as to why anyone does. You have those assholes that just kill everyone, little kids with poor listening skills, and people who can't follow simple directions in general. Why go through all that when you can buy four controllers (for quite cheap nowadays, might I add) and just act out the character's movements yourself? And don't give me that "on local you can only have four people in the scene" because there are plenty of ways around that, the best being masking, and even if you don't have the software for that, you can just have a different gameplay clip of different characters, but on the same map, then edit the shots to make it appear that they're in the same scene.
Kind of went on a tangent there, but whatever.
 As for re-editing, that will be a pain, but fuck it. I'm just gonna keep at it until it's just the way I want it. Quite a few scenes are going to be cut out as well, since looking at the script, a lot of them are pretty pointless.

Now, on the subject of music, I'm quite pleased to announce that Deus Novus episode three will have absolutely NO music by anyone but myself. Now if you've heard my music, you're probably aware that it's shit. Just little loops, nothing special. On screen, however, they do a great job of fitting the scene, since it's by me, the person who actually wrote the scene. So there's a little something to be excited about.

Now, before I go, I want to bring up a couple of complaints I've gotten regarding the length of the episodes. Both episodes 1 and 2 were in the 8-10 minute range. I've been asked to "please put in a little extra work to make the episodes a few minutes longer." This irritates me for a couple of reasons, the main one being that I put a shit load of work into the episodes the way they are, and if I were to go back to the series' script (which, mind you, is already complete) and increase each episode's respective length or use stupid camera tricks to draw it out, you'd be waiting even longer for the series release.

Anyway, that's all for now.
Thanks for reading, -Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment